I have a passion for collecting vintage Star Wars merchandise from the late 70's. Action figures, comics, trading cards etc - anything related to the first Star Wars movie. But why only until 1980? It's not that I don't love The Empire Strikes Back and beyond (I really do), but there is something about that first wave of Star Wars mania that really grips me, back when it was all fresh and exciting...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Luke Skywalker's Activity Book


Another cute little entry in this series of things to do and make. 



The model instructions are by far the most impressive things about these books. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually made the toilet paper tube X-Wing fighter. I had trouble getting the straws taped on just right. I'm also remembering a Jawa transport made out of a milk carton...is my memory correct?

There was also a B&W picture of Obi Wan that you would stare at until you saw his image on a wall...scared me.

Chris Thorndycroft said...

Yeah, the sandcrawler made out of a milk carton was in Artoo Deetoo's activity book: http://starwars77-80.blogspot.no/2011/09/artoo-detoos-activity-book.html.

The Ben Kenobi optical illusion thing was in this book but it seemed too dull to mention. I think they were scraping the barrel a bit with that one!