I have a passion for collecting vintage Star Wars merchandise from the late 70's. Action figures, comics, trading cards etc - anything related to the first Star Wars movie. But why only until 1980? It's not that I don't love The Empire Strikes Back and beyond (I really do), but there is something about that first wave of Star Wars mania that really grips me, back when it was all fresh and exciting...

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Donny and Marie 1977

I'm a bit late for the whole 'May the 4th be with You' Star Wars day thing (I much prefer to celebrate on May 25th in any case) but I only just found this vintage clip from 1977 and thought I'd post it now.

It's pretty God-awful but I'm a sucker for any early pop culture references to Star Wars and the more disco and polyester I see accompanying it, the better!  

1 comment:

MartinM said...

Channel Four have blocked it in the UK. Boo! Wonder what content they are still wringing their hands about after all these years??